* Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor
* Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 2 (Service Pack 3 recommended); Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise with Service Pack 1; or Windows 7
* 1GB of RAM (2GB recommended)
* 1.6GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash-based storage devices)
* 1024x768 display (1280x800 recommended) with 16-bit video card
* DVD-ROM drive
* Adobe® Flash® Player 10 software required to export SWF files
* Broadband Internet connection required for online services*
No you do not need a i7 or 4gig of Ram..or a insane video card.
Those are probably the minimum requirements so anything better than that, will run Cs5 a lot smoother.
what I mean is this: if you were to use the minimum requirements you could only run that program and it would be a little laggy or choppy. The more you dump into the system, like an i7 and 4 gig of ram would run it a lot smoother while running other programs and applications (if you are into that)
However, I am going to make a suggestion that I don't like.
Get a Mac. Macs are more suited for Graphic design/video design/ and audio production.
I'm a PC guy through and through. But if you want a laptop that is strictly for Graphic Design, go with a mac.