Need help buyin a "WoW" ready desktop.

World of Warcraft is a lot more resource intensive than you might think.

I'm running on a dual core 2.33, 2gb ram and a 5770 1gb, and when I try to run it at 1440x900 with everything completely maxed, I have a frame rate of about 20 in most zones. The shadows are absolutely BRUTAL in that game. I know my system isn't top notch, especially my ram, but it SHOULD be overkill for WoW. Heck, it plays lotro on max with dx10 at 60 fps even in crowded cities, and lotro is LEAGUES ahead of WoW graphically.

Thread cleaned up...Keep posts constructive and on point to what the OP is inquiring about...Keep all smart ass remarks to thyself.

Thank you.

Look at my video card in my sig!

Let's see...mines about 3 years old now. It is actually a bottleneck to my PC ATM. It's not a very demanding card- and I run WoW beautifully.

My generalization maybe wasn't clear enough. Almost any PC can run wow...but play? I didn't say that. I was just stating that its runnable but not playable on a lot of PC's.

Clearing that up helps. I'm assuming that most people here considered "running" as "playing." A lot of computers can RUN WoW, but not all can play it at a framerate that is acceptable or desirable. Let's leave it at that.

Well my old pc run wow at 10-25 fps, was playable because i learnt to deal with it, but it restricted me doing 25man raids and some pvp..so i thought i'd build a new one...I think it's okay for 'hardcore' wow players to build a "Wow ready desktop" to be able to raid 25 mans and pvp flawlessly

Back
Top Bottom