Hi! I actually made a topic at another forum asking for help but eventually stopped getting answers, so I thought I'd try over here.
Anyway, I want to build a computer for the first time... I know very little about the technical things with computers, but I'm also not completely stupid with them. So I got a friend to build this for me:
System Build - PCPartPicker Canada
What I want out of this computer is to be able to edit HD video without too much hassle, and too play games and record games(Skyrim, Minecraft) with little to no lag.
Now for the questions...
1. I notice the motherboard in that build is out of stock... Is there another one I can replace it with or are computers build from the motherboard up? Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3-B3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard - PCPartPicker Canada
(<- That one)
2. I'm told I should downgrade to an i5 2500k as a 2600k is pretty much identical besides a few tiny things that wouldn't be helpful to me anyway... Is that true?
3. What should I get for the CPU Cooler? I saw something about Arctic Cooler 5 from a how-to post somewhere else, but it was highly outdated, so I don't know if that's good or not now...
4. I've seen some people say I should get an SSD and replace one of the hard-drives with that... I'm actually not sure what that means, but is it something I should look into doing?
5. How's that set-up as a whole? Good for I plan to be doing?
Sorry for the longer post. Hopefully not being too much of a hassle!
And Happy New Years to you all! Thanks for reading.