Need Help! Build First Custom Gaming PC

Last edited:
yeah it looks like a great cooler to me, do you think for a non conditions enviroment in the summer it will be good enough? or should i go with a Antec Kuhler H20 620 liquid cooler? kinda going over the top now, but id like it to last and be worth while if im going to build it.

Edit~ I really like that NZXT Phantom 410 ... It looks really good all lite up, just wish the side panel was a full transparent, and no grill http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146087

or this maybe~ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139008

Last edited:
yeah it looks like a great cooler to me, do you think for a non conditions enviroment in the summer it will be good enough? or should i go with a Antec Kuhler H20 620 liquid cooler? kinda going over the top now, but id like it to last and be worth while if im going to build it.

as long you don't have the CPU overclocked too much and you don't have a bad case airflow i don't think it will be a problem.

Edit~ I really like that NZXT Phantom 410 ... It looks really good all lite up, just wish the side panel was a full transparent, and no grill Newegg.com - NZXT Phantom 410 CA-PH410-B1 White Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

you and me both. the phantom 410 would look better with a bigger window on the side panel.

I think ill just stick with the Antec 1100 if I cant find anything better, nzxt.. i wonder if youd be able to see the v8 cooler in the little window it has.. i could live with that all lit up with a white led strip inside..

V8 is big, so i think you will be able to see it. or at least some of it.
well i hope you are gonna be happy with your build.

:lol: Antec 1100 is a good choice you gonna love that case very much. I got a chance to feature it in the 12 best gaming cases the other day, too.

Now just some questions out of curiosity.

Why do you need the Hyper 212 cooler? The stock fan is good enough for 2500k and with the case that you have picked you can even clock it around 4.1GHz with no heating issue. You only need after market cooler when you go beyond 4.4GHz, and it has to be liquid cooler for dissipation efficiency. It's a good thing you have decided on the 2500k instead of the new i5 that uses cheaper thermal layer. It's a really bad overclocker.

Another concern, the mechanical hard drive is the bottle neck of the computer. Even though all components look very promising, you will be dragged by the high seek-time and unresponsive performance of the conventional drive. Wouldn't you consider having a 120GB SSD as the main drive to break the bottle neck at storage level? That given space should be enough for OS and five to six games, you can add another drive in the future to expand the capacity. Also, if you stick with the 1TB drive you may have the tendency to accumulate a lot of data on it, and that is similar to putting all eggs into the same basket. If OS crashes, you may run into problem with personal files backup.

On the motherboard note, the Z77 Pro4 is cheaper on Amazon if you are interested ;)

Thank alot! I will probably take your advice on the cooler and drop it down, I highly doubt I will overclock and if that is the case Ill upgrade to SLI and use liquid cooling, and good idea with the harddrive, I also have a spair 500Gb 7200rpm western digital I can throw in it just for crap like movies and stuff.

---------- Post added at 07:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 AM ----------

but I am going with the 3570k... so Ill have to look deeper into cooling. we shall see.

Back
Top Bottom