Need help bad!!!

50mobber

In Runtime
OK so i recently built a computer. everything works fine, notice that the cpu temps were high so i decided to buy a zalman for it. Some how i put it on wrong causing the mother board and CPU to fry according to a frys technician. So i bought a new CPU(E8400) and Mobo (ASUS P5Q Pro). After i put it together i started it and the fans spin very fast, faster than normal and i get no video signal. the only thing i did different this time was put Arctic silver 5. No idea what is going on. any help is greatly appreciated

Here is the rest of my build

mobo: ASUS P5Q Pro

Video: Sapphire Radeon HD 4870

Cpu: E8400

Ram: G.SKILL 4GB

HD: 2x western digital 160 gb (Running RAID)

HD: 2x western digital 500gb (running Raid)

Sounds like you installed the cpu in wrong some how the first time.. As for the fans running faster than normal. Are they 3 pin or 4 pin power connection fans, 3 pin power connection fans cant be controlled, they spin at their maximum speed, 4 pin connectors allow programs or user to control its rpms. If the computer is working, and the temps are normal than look into possibly getting new fans if the noise bugs you.

the cpu was installed rite the first time i used it for about a month then decide to change the fan on it. The technician at fry said it was due to incorrect heat sink installation.

the are antec fans, the adjustable one...like on the antec 900 case

oh sorry i forgot to mention it wont boot up or at least i cant tell the screen just stays blank. Im guessing something is wrong with the video card. Ill see if i can find another one to see if that the problem.

any other suggestion on what else it could be.

Hrm.. kinda out of ideas, the only thing I can think of is to reset the bios. If you have the motherboard manual, consult it on reseting your bios. Usually when i mess with my computer enough times to cause it not to start up, jumping the bios usually works.

Download this, it will tell you your CPU temps.

http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/

And if they are high, pull the heatsink off and look at the paste. It should be spread out on the center of the base of the heatsink, and there shouldn't be any squeezing itself off the side of the CPU.

Cabbs did you even read the first post before giving advice? He has no video signal ..so how do you suggest he downloads and installs that program and checks his temps?

no beeps at all...i hit the on button, the fast start to spin very fast, no image on the monitor. Later on today im going to try out a different video card, to see if it is booting and the fan are just spinning fast. Sounds ok?

I will also check the thermal paste.

No single beep at power on means it is not passing POST. You do have a case speaker attached, yes?

Disassemble everything and reassemble it on a non conductive surface (m/board box lid is good) and add in the basics only to start with, e.g. CPU, memory, hdd, video card.

You did use the risers didn't you? not just screw the board to the m/board tray?

No single beep at power on means it is not passing POST. You do have a case speaker attached, yes?
Disassemble everything and reassemble it on a non conductive surface (m/board box lid is good) and add in the basics only to start with, e.g. CPU, memory, hdd, video card.
You did use the risers didn't you? not just screw the board to the m/board tray?

no speaker are attach to it, i just remember.

Ok ill try that right now

Yes i did use risers

Back
Top Bottom