Need Help ASAP plz

Makaman

Solid State Member
Well I was building a PC for a friend and Im having some problems...Ive had the parts for over a month so I hope im not screwed cause i dont think i can return them now...ok well when i start the PC to install windows I get 2 messages ive never seen before on any other PC..
1. Primary IDE channel no 80 conductor cable installed
2. CPU is not workable or has been changed please re check CPU-soft menu

Now when i put my HD in that same PC it loads up but still gives those 2 messages..when I try to install windows on the formatted HD it gives me the blue screen of death! please anyone that knows how to fix this problem let me know its very important I get this done by wed. afternoon..Thanks!

First thing you need to do is change the IDE cables from the old 40 wire to the newer 80 wire conducter cable. Both use the 40 pin socket so they interchange,
What happens here is the newer components use faster seek times and must use the 80 wire conduter cable. all new drives come with the 80 wire unless you buy OEM and they sometimes do and sometimes come without anything.
The next thing to look at is when installing XP use only the barest minimum components for the install then add the rest later after it is up and running and never...never try installing with it overclocked.
So without knowing what your specs are.....
hook up the HDD on 1 flat cable(80 wire) and hook up 1 optic drive to another seperate cable(80 wire). install the floppy drive and then 1 stick of ram. just a plain keyboard/mouse..That is all period. Now go into the bios and set for default setting and change the boot sequence to boot from CD first, Hdd 2nd and floppy third and save and exit with the M$ installation disc in the cd-rom drive and follow the prompts. You must do as instructed by the prompts. and although you have a formatted drive allow the installation to reformat so as to check the disk also.

Can you please right the specs of your computer please. Even though it may not be any use to us, it may as well. How would we know. If you dont tell us your specs.

Back
Top Bottom