Need help with AMD

Kylothian

Baseband Member
I have been using AMD since i started with computers and where i live AMD is abit rare so i was forced 2 go to intel but today i went to a shop that mostly deals with AMD only.

They have send me a quote on the following board and cpu
CPU: AMD X4 955 3200MHZ - (going 2 overclock)
MB: MSI 890GXM-G6

im not a big fan of MSI. What motherboard would you recommend with this chipset that will support DDR-3 1600Mhz RAM and will support Crossfire cause i want to get 2x HD5850 1GB, also that looks cool:D lol

Thanks in advance

This is personal preference but the only board i'd run with a Phenom II is the MSI 790FX-GD70.

I'd have serious fun tweaking with this and a 955/965 AMD CPU.

If you want something easier to work with then choose a Gigabyte/Asus board.

This is personal preference but the only board i'd run with a Phenom II is the MSI 790FX-GD70.

I'd have serious fun tweaking with this and a 955/965 AMD CPU.

If you want something easier to work with then choose a Gigabyte/Asus board.

MSI boards are very good, I say in the top 3. Asus, Gigabite and MSI is the best IMO, EVGA also good.

So the MSI 890GXM-G6 would be a good choise in going AMD
Im just asking cause i have a bad history with MSI so i just want to make sure that its a decent and stable board.

So the MSI 890GXM-G6 would be a good choise in going AMD
Im just asking cause i have a bad history with MSI so i just want to make sure that its a decent and stable board.

I would spend the extra $10 and get the "MSI 870A". Same board except the 870A has "Fuzion Technology", which allows you to mix and match GPU's.I see that the 890GXM is a micro board, the 870A is a full sized board. I would believe that a micro Mobo temps would be higher than a full sized Mobo, do to its compact design.

What would you say about the ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
Im not to keen on MSI so im looking at other options

What would you say about the ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
Im not to keen on MSI so im looking at other options

The only reason I suggested that mobo is because it was in the same price rang as the "MSI 890GXM-G6" but better. I didnt know how much $ you had to invest in a mobo....Anyway that's an excellent mobo to have, has tons of OC'ing features.You would love that mobo.

Fair enough. I dont mind spending abit extra for something decent:) but ive decided to go with the ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3

Whatever happened to the days of Abit motherboards? I used to swear by them but now can't find a place to buy one....

Obviously I can see their product line up on their site, but not offered on Newegg? wtf!

Whatever happened to the days of Abit motherboards? I used to swear by them but now can't find a place to buy one....

Obviously I can see their product line up on their site, but not offered on Newegg? wtf!

I thought they stopped making motherboards at LGA775 and AM2+.

Back
Top Bottom