Need help about Dvd drive enclosure

insectoidone

Beta member
Hey,
As you can tell, I'm new here; I have been trying to figure out how I can connect my laptop dvd drive to this enclosure...but they seem to have different connections. I've looked all over and I cannot figure out what type of cable I need to get in order to connect these two!

Here's the DVD writer's connection

Here's the connection in the enclosure

I'm sure my luck is that they are both incompatible, but it's worth a shot...

Thanks!

Ok, I'm pretty sure that your laptop's dvd drive is in some sort of hot swap enclosure, you may be able to take it out of that enclosure. Even then im pretty sure it'd be an ATA Plug, which would still render it incompatible.

That's not cool; I've been looking around, and please correct me if I'm wrong:

The connection on the enclosure is a Micro-Sata connection, right? I can't seem to find what type of connection is on the dvd drive (since you mentioned it was a hot swap connection).

Surely there is a type of adapter or cable to get these two to talk!...right?

Some laptops have the abillity to swap the DVD Drive for a 2nd battery. So to do this manufacturers used a connection like this so the end user could just flick a switch, take the drive out and whack in the second battery. The plug that is on your DVD Drive looks like one of those plugs, as it's a non-standard plug, the likelyhood of a converter cable being out there is very small.

Back
Top Bottom