Need Help :)

I have not tbh. it seems to only do it when it wants to on start up and stays at 50%. today it was 25% for a while until i starting downloading stuff, which is normal. So, im not sure whats going on :/

Give Fujitsu_Technician's advice a try, it should provide a useful overview of what's going on.

Otherwise from your screen shots so far, things look pretty normal.

i couldnt figure out how to run the batch file haha, if you could please explain what to do after its in the notepad on the desktop... :/

Save it as text file. But rather than having the usual .txt file extension, make sure it is in .bat extension (this is the file extension for batch files). After this, just double-click to run.

You might need to go under Windows Explorer > Tools > Folder options > View (tab), find "Hide extensions for known file types" and disable this first.

I think i got it, let me know if this isnt right and thank you dale, i belive that was the problem.

Attachments

• Processess.txt
    7 KB · Views: 4
You got it! :)

Fujitsu_Technician's file should help you produce four files: Processess.txt (which you did already), Services.txt, ActiveConnections.txt, and StartedServices.txt

You should be able to produce these files by selecting all four selections, namely: View Processes and PID, View Services and PID, View active Connections, and View Started Services

By the way, not related to this troubleshooting but it is actually good habit to keep "Hide extensions for known file types" unchecked. So you can safely leave this unchecked. This helps you know precisely the real nature of all files on your computer.

When did Chrome become such a memory hog? Chrome is using a total of 894,040K or 873MB of RAM.

Mine is using 729 MB with just six tabs open. Running Chrome 24.0.1312.56 m (latest) on Windows 7 64-bit. This is pretty much the norm. Chrome attempts to keep a stable allocation of memory, so when 700+ or even 800+ MB might seem sizeable, it really is not because the consumption will not bloat a lot more than this.

Ok, so i think i got it, here are all the files, let me know if this is normal.

Attachments

• Services.txt
    6.9 KB · Views: 2
  • ActiveConnections.txt
    8.1 KB · Views: 5
  • StartedServices.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Processess.txt
    7 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom