Need help on 2.5mm jack

rowcon123

Daemon Poster
Hi guys I need help,now I'm no expert on audio but I do believe that all phones use a 2.5 mm jack,taking this in mind I have a problem with my phone it doesn't seem to like headphones with a mic attached to it and I was wondering if there is a different type of connector for a non mic headphones and if that is true can I buy a converter ?

Sorry If this is not clear I have never been good at asking clear questions :)

Sent from my DAGGER DG550 using Computer Forums mobile app

The jacks and plugs are designed so they can accommodate the various different headphones. What specific issue are you having? Which phone do you have?

The first thing to check is to make sure the plug is fully inserted.

I have a doogee dagger 550,its a Chinese phone, my problem is if I fully insert it, it does not recognise the headphones and switches to the phones speakers so I have to not plug it in fully to work but even then the connection cuts out and the right earphone cuts out noe and again, so I bought a 2.5mm to 3.5mm converter to see if that fixes it.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Also found out it works fine with 2.5mm headphones but not 3.5 that's why I bought the adapter

Looking up the specs, it seems the phone should accept 3.5mm headphone connectors. Working on the assumption that you SHOULD be able to use earphones with a microphone, let us consider the following.

1) Are you using earphones with a 2.5mm jack or a 3.5mm jack? If 2.5mm, then check answers 1a and 1b, if you're using ones with a 3.5mm jack, go to point 2.
1a) If you're using earphones with a 2.5mm jack, you'll need a converter. The converter MUST be a combojack, most 2.5mm to 3.5mm converters will ONLY convert the audio output, and not the microphone.
1b) If you're using earphones with a 2.5mm jack and already have a converter, can you post a picture of the converter as the converter you have may only convert the audio output, and not the microphone (input).

2) If you're using a set of earphones with a 3.5mm jack, have you plugged them in fully? If you're sure they're plugged in correctly, try testing them in another phone to see if they work. If they work in another phone, then your Doogee is faulty, if they don't work in another phone, it could indicate a problem with your earphones.

EDIT: If you have earphones with a 2.5mm jack, then you need a 2.5mm female to 3.5mm male converter which looks like below. If there are any less than 4 metal connectors on the male side, then the microphone will NOT work.
71VIdqZ2-iL._SL1460_.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks I had contacted doogee about this too and it is intact a broken phone and have offered a replacement many thanks for all of you help :)

Back
Top Bottom