In need of help!

Halaji

Solid State Member
Hi, I'm new to these forums, and i have a computer that is starting to annoy me and was wondering if anyone on here could help me.

First of all my computer is a Dell 4400 (dont ask specifics i dont have access to it atm) and ever since my computer repeatedly crashed and took me to the blue screen of death, it has come up with the message "No boot device detected: System halted." every time i try to go on.

One time i managed to somehow fix it, but that was probably pure luck. Can anyone help me out?:confused:

Have you tries to do a system restore as thats what i had to do when i got the blur screen.

Its not the blue screen at the moment thats bothering me, its that i cant get into my computer at all, like when i start up, i see the dell logo for a while(longer than normal) and then a black screen comes up with "No boot device detected: System halted." sorry if i wasnt specific.

Sounds to me like your hard drive is shot. Check to make sure all the plugs are in firmly for a start.

Oh sorry i din't relise you might wanna wait a bit then for other members to come on theyy may be more helpful. sorry i wasn;t much help mate.

Nah sherwood you were a help, i just didnt explain myself well enough, also t-man i dont have access to it at the moment, should soon though, but the fact that i managed to get into the computer like normal before i think might mean its all connected, but ill take a look asap.

Well sorry to say, but your hard drive is just about stuffed. I suggest you save any stuff you need to another drive or Cds as soon as possible, as I dont expect it will last long.

Back
Top Bottom