need help!

You really shouldn't copy the files just like that. You need to go to the installation. If you need the other disk so you can install XP, just do this (Have a floppy disk ready):

Right-click on A:\, then select Format. Then, do a Quick format. After, go to www.bootdisk.com and download a boot diskette.

If you have a Windows 98 CD somewhere, insert it. Then, load in with the diskette. Pop-in your Win98 CD and then, do this command:
D:\Win98\smartdrv

After, put your Windows XP cd, and type in:
D:\I386\winnt

Follow the instructions and do the rest.

The reason you need smartdrv, is because Windows XP operates better in file transfer. IF you don't do that, it will take ages, so if you don't have a Windows 98 CD handy, then I'd let it on overnight.

BTW, if you don't, try A:\smartdrv.

Ok , I would like to try that but I can't access anything. Everytime I try something new It returns to the setup and asks me toinsert the CD, can I get into DOS promt at all?

I keep trying and tryin to get XP to install and it started to get further and further. It got down to liek 8 minutes left and reset! then When It came up it said UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME , What can I do? what does it mean, I can post the error code if needed.

OK, I finally got into dos prompt! Its format right now, Ill keep you posted on any problems.

I'm having a few driver probs, Where can I get the full drivers for a 310S Gateway?

Well, I tried to download the drivers, links didn't work on site. Downloaded the gateway download assistant. Then It asked where the files would go I selected one, took it go to that folder and there was nothing there! Are there any other site for the drivers for my 310S?

Back
Top Bottom