Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-18-2006, 01:05 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default Need help

The other day i started up my computer, and at the screen where it says "Windows Xp Proffessional" and has the blue status bar, the computer stopped working. The bar froze every once and a while and then kept going again after about a minute, but it never actually finished loading. I restarted it a couple of times and it kept doing this. I used windows xp to repair it, and my computer worked for about a day, and then it started doing it again. The next day i just did a clean install of windows xp and deleted all of my partitions. After i installed some of the drivers and utilities, i restarted it and it happened again. I can start up in safe mode without any problems.

If anyone has any suggestions with what's wrong with it or how i can fix it i'd appreciate it.

seank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 01:07 PM   #2
Golden Master
Default Re: Need help

It could be a faulty harddrive..Maybe the harddrive went bad, and is having problems loading the files..

Check out my car forum..

what is up vanilla face
G35x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 01:16 PM   #3
Fully Optimized
Send a message via AIM to rakedog
Default Re: Need help

Either bad RAM or bad HD. It's strange though that windows let you install windows without errors though. If it's only doing it at boot, then the HD is probably corrupted on one of the first few sectors (where XP keeps the boot stuff I believe). I'd do a bad-block check, if you have a linux liveCD, use the badblocks util to see if it's corrupted anywhere.
hackthissite.org (criticalsecurity.net) | gentoo.org

The best argument against evolution are creationists themselves. They prove that life is devolving rather than evolving.
rakedog is offline   Reply With Quote