Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-02-2006, 06:59 PM   #1
Solid State Member

Default Need help

Hey guys just found this forum while surfing and thought mabye you guys could help me out. I wanna get a new processor for my mobo, it is a EPOX 4G4A, it has a poopy 1.8 ghz willimette with 400mhz front side bus. I know it can support up to a 2.8 ghz pentium 4 with 533mhz front side bus, i would like to find one of those, it is a 845G chipset and i can't find any of these anywere ive tried every search and site i could find and nothing. So this is my last resort, sorry for such a noob question but i can't find these anywere, are there other processors i could get, not realy looking to get a new mobo i like my epox and just want a little faster a procceser and im gonna get some PC2700 instead of 2100. So any ideas on were to get a procesor for this board let me know.Thanks for any hel

vrdriver4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 07:40 PM   #2
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default Re: Need help

The 335, 335J and 336 support the 845G Chipset, Scan.co.uk is a great place if you ask me. I would go with them. Submit a Question about it to be sure though. I'm pretty sure it should work though.

Old 04-02-2006, 09:48 PM   #3
Solid State Member

are those the celeron D's
Old 04-03-2006, 07:41 AM   #4
Solid State Member

BUMP I just subbmited a question and they emailed me back saying they don't ship outside the UK, and didn't say weather the celeron D would work, does any one no for a fact that the celeron D will work with the 845G chipset. I would think it would as long as it has the northwood core?? Am i correct or no would a malay work.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:43 AM   #5
Solid State Member

Also will the celeron D be any noticable increase in performance compared to my P4 1.8 willimette, my mobo has oc'ing capabilities so i could oc the cele D also. The P4 1.8 when oced to a 2ghz it will run for a hour or so then just reboot, with temps staying at 40c. But then i turn it back down and it doesn't restart or anything after hours of use, and has the same temp as when i turn it up. Is the cele D better for Ocing
Old 04-03-2006, 10:56 PM   #6
Fully Optimized

CeleD is not as good as a P4. I would go with a P4 instead. They are a lot better than celerons. If you are a super tight budget, then get a CeleD, if not, look for a P4.
ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:16 PM   #7
Solid State Member

What kinda P4 could i get for that board though with the 845G chipset, i know the EPOX 4G4A+ can support the 533mhz front side bus P4 withe the northwood core i just don't know were to get them at. I took at my 1.8p4 and put my regular 2.7cele back in and its oced to a 3.10 running buetiful no problems at all around 54c. So what P4 could i put in my mobo, sorry for all the questions guys, im a noob lol. We all start somewere right. Thank you
Old 04-03-2006, 11:19 PM   #8
Fully Optimized

It is true that Northwood P4s are getting very difficult, if not impossible to find. I would check ebay for some northwood P4s. But that would be your best bet to find a 533 northy.
ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:03 AM   #9
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownage
It is true that Northwood P4s are getting very difficult, if not impossible to find. I would check ebay for some northwood P4s. But that would be your best bet to find a 533 northy.
In my experience, Northwood cores are hard to find, yes.. and ussually expensive.

I'd use something like pricegrabber.com to find the best price.
Bahawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 07:50 AM   #10
Solid State Member

LOL Done and did that i guess if i upgrade ill just go with a celeron D and oc tahe shit out of it lol there only 50 bucks anyway. Thanks for all your help guys it is greatly appreciated.