Need hard drive jumper settings

FxlrGirl

Beta member
I have just built my computer. The hard drive has no documentation and the websit is just as good! I have a Asus p4c800e-deluxe mobo, Samsung spinpoint sp1614c 160gb SATA hard drive, 1gb ram. The bios is showing the drive at 3rd slave, there are no other drives. The only instructions show the jumper area for factory use only. If anyone can offer a suggestion, I would be extremely happy. :D I really do not want to have to go jumper by jumper to solve this myster. Thank you in advance!

sounds like you have the hdd on the wrong ide contoller for starters. If its a newer drive it has jumper settings on it, you need to look a little better, or go jumper to jumper.

Hard drive is plugged into SATA

The bios is showing floppy as 2nd master, SATA 3rd master and the primary master is the CD atapi incompatible. I may have to flash my bios to update it to recognize SATA. Other people who have bought the Samsung 160 SATA hd have had the same problem (mobo not recognizing hd). My hd is using a SATA Cable into the Sata-0 slot. It is suppose to NOT have to use jumpers, etc, but the mobo is not seeing the SATA. For now, I guess I will go flash the bios. Will post back what happens. Thanks for your opinions.

Back
Top Bottom