Need Hard Drive Help!

Jonfifa09

Beta member
My hard drive on my computer has had it, every time i go to boot the computer it loads like normal and when it gets to the windows loading screen it hits blue screen for like half secound and then goes back to start again! Sometimes it says i dont even have hard drive and bios doesnt detect it, that was happening for about 2 weeks off and on. Its really old hard drive (like 5 years)

If anyone can help me with this it will be very helpful.

I was thinking about getting new hard drive this one on sata my old one was on ide and that gave me problems. Im trying find out how i can retrieve my some of my files off the old hard drive such as music, word documents, photos and that. i was wondering if it is possible because i cant boot off the old hard drive at the moment.

The old ide hard drive is on windows xp profesional and the new sata hard drive will be on windows xp home edition.

Thanks

When you get the new drive setup and installed with XP, you should be able to go into My Computer, open up the old drive and copy over any needed music, documents and photos.

It would help if you could give us the blue screen error, if this is XP then boot into advanced startup (F8) once in there then select "Disable automatic restart on system failure". This will allow you to get the error code, post this here so we can help.

Back
Top Bottom