Need a great Anti-Virus & Anti-Spyware

I recommend AVG, I've used it for quite sometime, and never ran into any problems...

I download off of LimeWire a lot, and when I'm not being careful, I'll d/l something containing a virus and it'll immedietely catch and destroy it.

Thank you AVG..

I personally hate Ad-Aware because it never picks up anything for me T_T

I would get Avast - Picked up a Trojen on my dad's computer when AVG and Ad-Ware didn't. Plus, my AVG couldn't update for some reason.

I personally hate Ad-Aware because it never picks up anything for me T_T

I would get Avast - Picked up a Trojen on my dad's computer when AVG and Ad-Ware didn't. Plus, my AVG couldn't update for some reason.

Ad-Aware is simply an anti-spyware. It isn't intended to do the same job as anti-virus programs like Avast, AVG, etc.

Also, Ad-Aware has caught things that Avast didn't, because they're intended purposes are different.

i use AVG free and Spyware terminator.

There you go! I run both of those here even on 7 beta.

adaware is bad even in its own field. spybot and adaware both are not good enough anymore.

for antivirus i suggest NOD32.
for antispyware i suggest

superantispyware. many ppl that have had spyware problems succesfuly fixed it with this program.

http://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfile.html?productid=SUPERANTISPYWAREFREE

Ad-Aware 6.0 SE was an old good one in it's day as well as Ad-Aware 2007. Since then Lavasoft has gone strictly retail. SpyBot S&D just like Ewido have become outdated while AVG is generally the best free antivirus program found.

For spywares/adawares Spyware Terminator the real one seen at http://www.spywareterminator.com/ that is not the bogus program using the same name places it's own active shield around the system registry like a firewall. Any changes even when going to remove a program will see the allow/deny prompting.

When first comparing that to Ad-Aware 2007 at the time one would find what the other missed. While Ad-Aware is out it still shows no one program will ever be the one that catches everything. "Mutiple layers offers protection from multiple problems" is the rather simple solution.

Back
Top Bottom