Need Graphic Card, Help me review my pick

damn rohan, you should work for newegg xD

i checked the reviews and that quad destroys the Athlon 64 X2 6000 and 7750 and since the cpu is unlocked i could get it up to 2.6ghz? or maybe even 2.8ghz? Anyone know how well they overclock?

Phenoms can go pretty far. Some people got a world record overclock of 6.0Ghz on a Phenom 2 processor.

Phenoms can go pretty far. Some people got a world record overclock of 6.0Ghz on a Phenom 2 processor.

Was that the one with the liquid nitrogen on YouTube from CES or whatnot? Where they got it down to like almost absolute zero temps? Hahaha..that was sick.

bad idea imo, you never want to just get by with your psu because there is always the off chance that it'll fry and take other components with it, leaving even more components to re-buy, those psus are pretty bad, you may get lucky and it may actually work fine for you, it's up to you to take that chance, those 500w-580w rated psus each only have 25a on a single 12v rail, while a 380w Antec earthwatts has 34a on two 12v rails, doesn't that seem kinda suspicious...? how could a 380w psu have more amps on the 12v rail than a 580w psu...? there's one simple answer, while it's advertised as a 580w psu, it's really at best a 350w-400w psu...

Antec makes good budget psus, but they're a little more expensive than the cheapo ones, like this 430w for $49.99...

bad idea imo, you never want to just get by with your psu because there is always the off chance that it'll fry and take other components with it, leaving even more components to re-buy, those psus are pretty bad, you may get lucky and it may actually work fine for you, it's up to you to take that chance, those 500w-580w rated psus each only have 25a on a single 12v rail, while a 380w Antec earthwatts has 34a on two 12v rails, doesn't that seem kinda suspicious...? how could a 380w psu have more amps on the 12v rail than a 580w psu...? there's one simple answer, while it's advertised as a 580w psu, it's really at best a 350w-400w psu...

Antec makes good budget psus, but they're a little more expensive than the cheapo ones, like this 430w for $49.99...

The thing is, even though they are bad PSU's, they are still better then the Dell one he has. I used a generic from my first case and it did me extremely well. Maybe I just got lucky, though.

Back
Top Bottom