Need Good Antivirus & Firewall for My PC !

well if you have a router your firewall necessity is not very needed, the windows firewall that comes with the will be fine enough. now as for an anti-virus/anti-spyware program, go with NOD32. very clean, simple, and doesn't hog memory or cpu usage.

windows firewall doesn't have any kind of outbound protection (at least it didn't the last time I had it enabled, which would be a damn long time ago), so I highly recommend that you get another firewall.

AVG is really good for free ones but if you can spend money then nortorn or zone alarm(unless your running vista) is the best

Thank you all for ur reply's. Yesterday I had purchased NOD32 and so far it is working great for me! It has a nice interface, and uses 4X fewer resources as my Norton.

Thank you all

Still cant make up my mind about the Firewall...

So many great firewalls to choose from, to be honest im not sure what to get.

I was told that “COMODO Personal Firewall (Free)” is good and “kaspersky internet security 7 (betta)” is also good. Its hard to make a decision. Also I tried Zone Alarm few month ago and I didn't like it, so that is out of the question.

(This reply was taken from the other comp forum)

This might be a bit late, but there was a study by PC World/PC Magazine/Wired (I forgot which one) which compared all the major antivirus software by downloading like 1000 viruses and seeing which ones were detected by which software. Surprisingly, McAfee was on top followed by Norton. Kaspersky and Panda did well, but although NOD32 was fast in scanning, it seems that it only detected around 50%. So if protection is your biggest concern and you don't really care about footprint, I would go with McAfee.

wow wtf? when was this done?

what does evryone else think about this?

Everyone here knows that PC world is not a place to trust when it comes to AV tests. I'm sure PC World gets paid a fairly decent chunk of money to put Norton and McAfee on top. I've compared the three products with eachother and it's like comparing apples to oranges. NOD32 always comes out on top. It uses less resources, has more scanning and protection options and more frequent updates as well as a better heuristic scanner. I NEVER recommend anything norton or mcafee to anyone. Even McAfee site advisor was trouble on my PC so I took that off. I've learned never to take security advice from PC world, best buy or any other retailer that mainly sells norton and mcafee products. PC World also rates AVG as being one of the worst antivirus products out there, I've used it on computers where it picked up stuff that norton and mcafee missed. If they were on top, they would have clearly caught that?

oh you might want to read this too:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norton_antivirus#Criticisms

Everyone here knows that PC world is not a place to trust when it comes to AV tests. I'm sure PC World gets paid a fairly decent chunk of money to put Norton and McAfee on top. I've compared the three products with eachother and it's like comparing apples to oranges. NOD32 always comes out on top. It uses less resources, has more scanning and protection options and more frequent updates as well as a better heuristic scanner. I NEVER recommend anything norton or mcafee to anyone. Even McAfee site advisor was trouble on my PC so I took that off. I've learned never to take security advice from PC world, best buy or any other retailer that mainly sells norton and mcafee products. PC World also rates AVG as being one of the worst antivirus products out there, I've used it on computers where it picked up stuff that norton and mcafee missed. If they were on top, they would have clearly caught that?

oh you might want to read this too:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norton_antivirus#Criticisms

Thank you for that post, I was getting scared for a second there lol

(This reply was taken from the other comp forum)

wow wtf? when was this done?

what does evryone else think about this?
Theres a post on CV about this, its done by pc world so IMO its biased, notice how mcaffee and norton come top, and coincidently thats what they sell, i wouldnt trust pc world to defrag my computer nevermind scan for viruses.

Also worth mentioning that NOD32 isnt the simplest AV to setup (as you noticed from the guide i posted yesterday) so knowing them stupid ****s they wouldnt have set it up properly in the firstplace :)

Back
Top Bottom