Need to fix my computer freezing.

happygoluffy

Baseband Member
Hi, I bought my pc about a month ago and in the past week its been freezing. The computer was sold with an activation code for windows vista home premium 64 but had windows vista home basic 64 installed. It is after I used the boot cd to install windows home premium 64 that the PC started freezing, not sure if that the cause though.

It's quite peculiar, I have four memory slots that can hold 2gigs each. Right now I only use 2x2gigs. With two sticks it doesnt work when one of the sticks is in the first slot. But if I put 2 sticks in slots 2 and 3 or 3 and 4 it works.
What I dont get is that when I put a single memory stick in the first slot it works but once again if I add a second memory stick to slot 2, 3 or 4 in combination with slot 1 my pc freezes.

You have explained the issue to yourself, you have bad ram or a bad memory controller on your board. Either replace it or if the system is under warranty you can call the company that built the machine and get replacement modules.

You have explained the issue to yourself, you have bad ram or a bad memory controller on your board. Either replace it or if the system is under warranty you can call the company that built the machine and get replacement modules.

I do have a warranty but I cant figure out if it's the momory stick(s) or the memory controller on the board. If I run my pc with only one installed at a time it runs. Its tough to figure out whats wrong because I have to wait to see if my pc will freeze, is there a better way to diagnose this?

Hi, I think its caused by "UTorrent", whenever I dont run the program I'm fine, I installed bittorent instead but my program froze after a while of runing it also. Is it possible that these torrent programs are messing with my pc?

Back
Top Bottom