Need Computer Help Badly!!! Please look!!

holyloda42

Beta member
I have a Problem with my computer i'm not sure if it is the motherboard or not. I have a K7S5 Pro motherboard and everytime i try to turn on my computer it keeps on restarting before i can see anything on the monitor. I have check all the cables and they are connected to the computer and i'm almost positive that they are all in the right spots. When i turn on my computer my CD-Rom and my floppy disk lights flash and then my computer restarts. I can't access any type of screen or anything because it restarts before i can press any buttons. Please help, Thanks in Advance!!

do you have a reset button on your computer? If so make sure that the the two wires leading to it arent crossed. that could happen but I dont know what else could happen unless your motherboard has been fried by a shortage.

holyloda42 said:
I have a Problem with my computer i'm not sure if it is the motherboard or not. I have a K7S5 Pro motherboard and everytime i try to turn on my computer it keeps on restarting before i can see anything on the monitor. I have check all the cables and they are connected to the computer and i'm almost positive that they are all in the right spots. When i turn on my computer my CD-Rom and my floppy disk lights flash and then my computer restarts. I can't access any type of screen or anything because it restarts before i can press any buttons. Please help, Thanks in Advance!!
You never seem to run out of problems.
Are you just a way to test members ?
Otherwise its a virus,do some research.
:rolleyes:

wow i have been on bluto side from the start but that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. maybe some of these guys have a point.

Anyways . . .

If I were you I would disconnect the reset button from your motherboard. Right now I dont have a reset, I accidentally yanked the wire out. My computer works fine.

What do you mean by reset. Is it in a continuous cycle of resets or does it do it just once and turn off?

Really until I know that I cant help you much.

Other things to check:
What is you power supply wattage?
Have you ever been able to access your computer or did this just happen?

If you dont want to wait til tommorow for a response you can allways unplug all unessacary compentents, sound card extra hard drives and cd drive ect.
Then make sure you fan can handle your cpu.
Make sure thermalpaste is applied correctly.

Man that was the stupidest thing ever to be typed.

"You never seem to run out of problems.
Are you just a way to test members?
Otherwise its a virus, do some research."

*shakes head*

do you get anything? I mean if you let it go, keep resetting will it go into windows eventually?
I had this happen to a friend, he reformatted his HD and everything is good so far

holyloda42 said:
It sound like the latest virus,you'll have to use a system disk if you don't have rescue disks and start over.
Have you tried to get to safe mode,yes sometimes it helps.
:confused:
But there are many many ?'s on this,the main one being,
How did you post this
and what Windows version ?
When will you folks figure this out.
You might have a W 3x 386 for all i know

bluto said:
It sound like the latest virus,you'll have to use a system disk if you don't have rescue disks and start over.
Have you tried to get to safe mode,yes sometimes it helps.
But there are many many ?'s on this,the main one being,
How did you post this
and what Windows version ?
When will you folks figure this out.
You might have a W 3x 386 for all i know

This might help though.If you can get to the bios,check your boot sequence.I use A C SCSI.
Windows Millenium Edition.
:D

sameer said:
do you have a reset button on your computer? If so make sure that the the two wires leading to it arent crossed. that could happen but I dont know what else could happen unless your motherboard has been fried by a shortage.
Give us a break.Advice like this isn't what this forum is about.
This advice requires a computer college education.
Not the avg Joe.
If the mbd was fried as you say,nothing would happen,right.???

bluto said:
Give us a break.Advice like this isn't what this forum is about.
This advice requires a computer college education.
Not the avg Joe.
If the mbd was fried as you say,nothing would happen,right.???

Don't be a prick now. When was the last time you went to college..50years ago? Did you like go to little summer classes or something?

lol

"I went to college but i chose to take up the honorable profession of truck drivin'."

"Its the life."

"Me grandpappy and me grandmammy, all's we truck drivers we be." "EH"

Canadians are almost as hard to understand as the scots are. Maybe that is why no one likes Bluto.

Its the language barrier.

Back
Top Bottom