Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-28-2004, 10:45 PM   #1
Beta Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1
Unhappy Need Computer Help Badly!!! Please look!!

I have a Problem with my computer i'm not sure if it is the motherboard or not. I have a K7S5 Pro motherboard and everytime i try to turn on my computer it keeps on restarting before i can see anything on the monitor. I have check all the cables and they are connected to the computer and i'm almost positive that they are all in the right spots. When i turn on my computer my CD-Rom and my floppy disk lights flash and then my computer restarts. I can't access any type of screen or anything because it restarts before i can press any buttons. Please help, Thanks in Advance!!
__________________

holyloda42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 12:48 AM   #2
Beta Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3
Default Re: Need Computer Help Badly!!! Please look!!

do you have a reset button on your computer? If so make sure that the the two wires leading to it arent crossed. that could happen but I dont know what else could happen unless your motherboard has been fried by a shortage.
__________________

sameer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 01:23 AM   #3
BSOD
 
bluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,542
Send a message via ICQ to bluto
Default Re: Need Computer Help Badly!!! Please look!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyloda42
I have a Problem with my computer i'm not sure if it is the motherboard or not. I have a K7S5 Pro motherboard and everytime i try to turn on my computer it keeps on restarting before i can see anything on the monitor. I have check all the cables and they are connected to the computer and i'm almost positive that they are all in the right spots. When i turn on my computer my CD-Rom and my floppy disk lights flash and then my computer restarts. I can't access any type of screen or anything because it restarts before i can press any buttons. Please help, Thanks in Advance!!
You never seem to run out of problems.
Are you just a way to test members ?
Otherwise its a virus,do some research.
bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 01:43 AM   #4
Fully Optimized
 
airiox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,692
Default

wow i have been on bluto side from the start but that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. maybe some of these guys have a point.

Anyways . . .

If I were you I would disconnect the reset button from your motherboard. Right now I dont have a reset, I accidentally yanked the wire out. My computer works fine.

What do you mean by reset. Is it in a continuous cycle of resets or does it do it just once and turn off?

Really until I know that I cant help you much.

Other things to check:
What is you power supply wattage?
Have you ever been able to access your computer or did this just happen?

If you dont want to wait til tommorow for a response you can allways unplug all unessacary compentents, sound card extra hard drives and cd drive ect.
Then make sure you fan can handle your cpu.
Make sure thermalpaste is applied correctly.

Man that was the stupidest thing ever to be typed.

"You never seem to run out of problems.
Are you just a way to test members?
Otherwise its a virus, do some research."

*shakes head*
__________________
Check out my Counter Strike:Source servers:
***THE DYNASTY***: 74.52.232.130:27015
*** GUNGAME ***: 74.52.232.131:27015
*** SOCCER ***: 74.52.232.133:27015
airiox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 08:38 PM   #5
Golden Master
 
Tommy Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 8,463
Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy
Default Re: Need Computer Help Badly!!! Please look!!

do you get anything? I mean if you let it go, keep resetting will it go into windows eventually?
I had this happen to a friend, he reformatted his HD and everything is good so far
__________________
When all else fails...Ham Radio!

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 10:48 PM   #6
BSOD
 
bluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,542
Send a message via ICQ to bluto
Default Re: Need Computer Help Badly!!! Please look!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyloda42
I have a Problem with my computer i'm not sure if it is the motherboard or not. I have a K7S5 Pro motherboard and everytime i try to turn on my computer it keeps on restarting before i can see anything on the monitor. I have check all the cables and they are connected to the computer and i'm almost positive that they are all in the right spots. When i turn on my computer my CD-Rom and my floppy disk lights flash and then my computer restarts. I can't access any type of screen or anything because it restarts before i can press any buttons. Please help, Thanks in Advance!!
It sound like the latest virus,you'll have to use a system disk if you don't have rescue disks and start over.
Have you tried to get to safe mode,yes sometimes it helps.

But there are many many ?'s on this,the main one being,
How did you post this
and what Windows version ?
When will you folks figure this out.
You might have a W 3x 386 for all i know
bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 10:51 PM   #7
BSOD
 
bluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,542
Send a message via ICQ to bluto
Default Re: Need Computer Help Badly!!! Please look!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluto
It sound like the latest virus,you'll have to use a system disk if you don't have rescue disks and start over.
Have you tried to get to safe mode,yes sometimes it helps.

But there are many many ?'s on this,the main one being,
How did you post this
and what Windows version ?
When will you folks figure this out.
You might have a W 3x 386 for all i know
This might help though.If you can get to the bios,check your boot sequence.I use A C SCSI.
Windows Millenium Edition.
bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 10:55 PM   #8
BSOD
 
bluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,542
Send a message via ICQ to bluto
Default Re: Need Computer Help Badly!!! Please look!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer
do you have a reset button on your computer? If so make sure that the the two wires leading to it arent crossed. that could happen but I dont know what else could happen unless your motherboard has been fried by a shortage.
Give us a break.Advice like this isn't what this forum is about.
This advice requires a computer college education.
Not the avg Joe.
If the mbd was fried as you say,nothing would happen,right.???
bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 01:52 AM   #9
entity512
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Need Computer Help Badly!!! Please look!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluto
Give us a break.Advice like this isn't what this forum is about.
This advice requires a computer college education.
Not the avg Joe.
If the mbd was fried as you say,nothing would happen,right.???
Don't be a prick now. When was the last time you went to college..50years ago? Did you like go to little summer classes or something?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 02:03 AM   #10
Fully Optimized
 
airiox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,692
Default Re: Need Computer Help Badly!!! Please look!!

lol

"I went to college but i chose to take up the honorable profession of truck drivin'."

"Its the life."

"Me grandpappy and me grandmammy, all's we truck drivers we be." "EH"

Canadians are almost as hard to understand as the scots are. Maybe that is why no one likes Bluto.

Its the language barrier.
__________________

__________________
Check out my Counter Strike:Source servers:
***THE DYNASTY***: 74.52.232.130:27015
*** GUNGAME ***: 74.52.232.131:27015
*** SOCCER ***: 74.52.232.133:27015
airiox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0