Need computer gaming help

Nerd101

Solid State Member
Hey guys and gals, I've been saving up for a good gaming computer for awhile but don't know what to get. I would be playing a lot of RPG's and guild gaming ( if that helps). I'm a complete noob at pc gaming. I want just a good one that will last me awhile. And are laptops that are ment for gaming good?
oh and price range is about 1,200 tops

Thanks already guys (in advance )

Okay. So scratch laptop. Thank you

What about iBUYPOWER Gamer Extreme 963i Desktop PC Intel Core i5 2500K(3.30GHz) 8GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit? Any good??

Not a bad rig. You could build something similar yourself and save a couple of bucks and learn something in the process.

Actually, you can upgrade a laptop, but that's no easy task at all, and still very limited, except RAM or the HDD.

Welcome to the world of gaming, bud! 'n yeah, that rig does sound pretty good. Building obviously isn't going to be an option if you know nothing about computer hardware; it's not QUITE as easy as people play it, it's just that from the perspective of someone who has done it for years, it's easy, compared to someone totally new to the game, you're gonna be all "WTF?!". [: Heh. Also, screwing something up and destroying a grands' worth of gear because you've no idea what you're doing, is just kinda mental, IMO.

G'luck.

EDIT:

I must admit, though.. hardware is a LOT easier than it used to be.

Thanks guys (thumbs up)! Really do appreciate the help. I mite just buy it already built though. I've built a home computer before but never a gaming one. Once I game on it will games let in viruses? and would I be able to just use my HDTV for my monitor or have to buy a pc gaming monitor?

Thanks guys (thumbs up)! Really do appreciate the help. I mite just buy it already built though. I've built a home computer before but never a gaming one. Once I game on it will games let in viruses? and would I be able to just use my HDTV for my monitor or have to buy a pc gaming monitor?

Building a gaming computer is no different than building a home computer. Games usually don't let in viruses but it is always smart to use virus protection.

Ideally, you want a monitor with a higher refresh rate to prevent screen lag. A HDTV will do just fine in most cases.

Remember, a gaming computer is just a high end desktop.

Back
Top Bottom