need a browser.

dstebbins

Baseband Member
I have friends who deleted internet explorer in favor of Opera, but didn't know that Opera wasn't compatible with Java, which is needed for my friend's wife to play on gsn.com. Now they can't get IE back, despite numerous attempts. I recommended firefox, but I wasn't 100% sure if it was Java-compatible. I told them I would look into it, hence this thread. Can anyone clear it up for me? If Firefox isn't Java-compatible, can you name me a browser that is?

opera works with java. I've never had a problem with Java and opera before, I also went to gsn.com and it worked perfectly fine. Try downloading the java plugin while in opera, you have to re download it for opera, firefox etc. if i'm correct. Try that and it should work. If that doesn't work try firefox but I'd try to stick with opera since it's a bit more secure than firefox.

if you have the windows xp install cd, you can reinstall IE. pop in teh xp disk, open control pannel, add/remove programs, add/remove windows components. CHeck the box next to IE and click next.

if the box next to IE is checked, uncheck it, click next. then re-check it and click next. it should be reinstalled.

Or ya could goto microsoft website and download IE from there. But opera should work with Java

I would recommend Firefox, that's Java compatible. I haven't heard of a browser that isn't Java compatible to be honest. Opera is a good browser too.

Back
Top Bottom