need answer quick

Feircepc

Daemon Poster
if i have a agp 8x slot can i put a agp 1x/4x in it? because i wanna get a card from a freind cheap but not sure its gonna work.

it should work. U said he is a friend of yours so I'd imagine he will give u ur money back if it doesn't work on ur comp.

srry to double post its kinda of a bump too though but neways how do i put a new graphics card in anyways? i never really had to much exp with bios and i dont know wat to do. like how to turn off my onboard card and tell it to get video stuff from my agp slot.

Is it a nVidia card, if it is then I'm 99% sure it will work. Since with my oc'ing/tweaking program I can change my mobos agp to 1x or 4x or 8x.

Though I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work even without changing the agp speed on the mobo.

And as I said if he is ur friend it is likely that he will give u ur money back if it doesn't work.

It will work, all you have to do is take the side off the computer, then you need to slide a little slider thats under the agp graphics port and then undo the securing secrew and slowly pull it up, then to put another one, you just reverse the steps to take on out. It will be compatible.

Back
Top Bottom