Need answer fast

djvbond

In Runtime
My parents have a 128 mb stick of sdram in there comp and i want to upgrade it to 256 i have 2 slots for a second stick but unfortunatly i cant buy a pack of two sticks...what things have to be compatible with the stick im already using and the one i want to buy

SDRAM, its that old? wow. Just search google for SDRAM and find it at the speed you have right now.....wow SDRAM.

take the ram out and have a look at the lable...then just buy the same ram, probly get some for a fiver off ebay

its my parents computer i dont usally go near it but they ask me to help........im gettin it on newegg....what if its not the same brand, i no it still can be compatable with another sd stick but i have to make sure its compatible with the other stick what has to be compattable?

Just buy another 128MB of PC133 RAM, 99% garanteed to be compatible (PC133 will run slower if needed to, as I don't know the FSB of your system). To make sure though, get some Crucial. It won't matter what slot you put it in, or if you just use 1 2 or 3 slots. SDRAM mobo's are not too prone to compatibiliy problems as far as that goes.

To make it more helpfull, if you can, give us the chipset name to make sure that there are no known problems with it.

chipset is intel i845GL........its a......dont make me say it............dell....noooooooooooooo

DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

now are you sure it isnt DDR SDRAM?

Back
Top Bottom