Need advices >_<

starrrie

Baseband Member
Hi all~ need your advices ... Sorry if I am irritating you all with questions>_<

I am looking at monitors and gpu this time any recommendations or what is your current rig and monitor that you guys are using for gaming~^^~V ?

I am currently using msi 670gtx pe currently performing quite well as I am thinking of going for a 1440p monitor I don't know how it will fair~>_< if budget for gpu will be about 17k in TWD. For I don't know how much and which 1440p monitor I should get yet XD

I once had a 1440p monitor. (send it back due to defects)
1440p Really makes a good impact on image quality in games. I am currently using 1080p and i do miss 1440p.
Only drawback is that performance is gonna be significantly decreased.
So if you stripe after butter smooth fps and max graphics at 1440p you will have to go with at least a gtx 770 (or similar from AMD)
I'll recommend getting a non reference card. After all, 3-party vendors are better than Nvidia at making coolers.
Take my Direct CU2 cooler from asus as an example. It makes the card cooler and quieter... and damn it looks good.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

187051-2.jpg

Last edited:
I have had 2 Dell's 2 Asus and 3 Samsung.
I definitely favor Samsung over Dell. For a cheep good monitor i'll go Samsung any day,

I have had 2 3D able Asus monitors. I sold the first one sense i didn't use 3D vision and it was too expensive not to use that feature. I also the control panel SUCKED. Problem was it was difficult to get the color and contrast as i wanted.
"Splendet mode" worked fine, but it could not be edited and it had a green eehh "thin layer" over the dark pixels.
Can you imagine if you play a game where you walk around in a dark room and the black walls are very dark green.
i couldn't live with that.

The second asus had a bleeding issue. I learned via the internet that that specific model have bleeding issues. so stay away from the Asus PB278Q if you can't stand bleeding.

Have you decided if you want to go for an IPS panel or will you stick with a TN panel?

Last edited:
Bleeding is when the light from the LED/LCD Panel is going around the edges of the TN/IPS panel, resulting in more light some areas then others.
This is a very bad case of bleeding just to give you an idea.

dsc01924.jpg

Have you decided on a monitor?
IPS or TN?

Do you know the difference?
I personally like IPS better. even as a casual gamer. "non competitive gamer"

Back
Top Bottom