Need advice for new rig...

Sabboth

Beta member
Greetings, I've recently started to get in to PC gaming more and realized how completely and utterly crappy/outdated my PC is for gaming (HP A6700F.) I know general PC stuff, but not nearly enough to build one myself (yet.)

So, if anyone wants, could you build a list of parts to make a completely new PC? Budget is 1200$. Thanks for reading! :)

Wait a minute, that's a desktop right? I did a quick search for the specifications, and they are not unreasonable at all. The beauty of desktops is that you do not have to build a completely new PC when you need to upgrade!

Your most oudated parts are likely graphics card and CPU. You likely do not need more RAM. You should also check for power supply just in case.

So basically, identify a few games that you would like to play right now, then match your graphics card and CPU with those games to see which you have to buy replacements. Check PSU. At this point you most likely have some doughs left, which means you a.) did less work, b.) got more money left in your pocket, c.) have less hardware left behind, an d.) are hopefully happier as a result. :D

I just got GTX 560Ti for $99 brand new from tigerdirct! Just adding that will do some amazing stuff to your gaming!

Wait a minute, that's a desktop right? I did a quick search for the specifications, and they are not unreasonable at all. The beauty of desktops is that you do not have to build a completely new PC when you need to upgrade!

Your most oudated parts are likely graphics card and CPU. You likely do not need more RAM. You should also check for power supply just in case.

So basically, identify a few games that you would like to play right now, then match your graphics card and CPU with those games to see which you have to buy replacements. Check PSU. At this point you most likely have some doughs left, which means you a.) did less work, b.) got more money left in your pocket, c.) have less hardware left behind, an d.) are hopefully happier as a result. :D

Well that's good news, guess I'll just throw in a few new parts then. At the moment I can't even run SWTOR on lowest in a small 400x400 window without noticeable lag. Just to be sure I can use any GPU/CPU replacement, right?

Your parts have to work with the motherboard. If they are compatible, plus sufficient power supply, you shouldn't have a problem.

Back
Top Bottom