Need Advice for a new computer

jesussmurf

Baseband Member
my other computer broke so i need one to play Counter Strike:Source

Hewlitt Packard 760$ for :
Operating system Genuine Windows Vista Home Basic (32-bit)
Processor AMD Athlon(TM) 64 X2 4400+ dual-core - 2.3GHz
Memory 2GB DDR2-667MHz dual channel SDRAM (2x1024)
Graphics Card 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS, DVI-I, HDMI
Networking No modem and no wireless
Hard Drive 250GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive
Primary CD/DVD Drive LightScribe 16X max. DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive

What setup is best for Playing CSS and BF2 keeping the cost close to 760$ ?

Uh, have you ever considered building your own?

Also... No networking does not really work for css...

yh the build isnt bad but it also isnt great either.

like previous said have u the knoledge ot build your own ?

im sure we would be here to help it was thanks to these guys why i know how to build

Yeah I learned how to build from this forum. I came on here with an Acer from last year and then I upgraded it and now I can build my own comps. Stick around for a while you will either learn how to fix your computer or learn how to build a way better one for way cheaper. You should IM some people from the forum to get a quicker response. Click the name of the person and then go to public profile and look for the screenname that complies with the IM client you use most.

Anyway, for CS:S you do not need a ~$800 computer. The reccomended system requirments are 2.4ghz 512MB RAM (I think?) Something like that. But you can still build one of the best comps out there with 800 dollars. When you build a comp you buy each part and put it together yourself. Sometimes it is half the cost of a computer from say... Dell or HP Compaq. If I am correct right now you can build up a comp with a Q6600, 2GB, 8800gt 320MB and 300gb for around 800?? Not sure but if you built that computer you would be able to run CS:S at max settings 20 times over. Or you could run Interent, WMP, Virus Scan, Limewire, and many more at the same time and no lag in CS:S.

Yeah I learned how to build from this forum. I came on here with an Acer from last year and then I upgraded it and now I can build my own comps. Stick around for a while you will either learn how to fix your computer or learn how to build a way better one for way cheaper. You should IM some people from the forum to get a quicker response. Click the name of the person and then go to public profile and look for the screenname that complies with the IM client you use most.
I wouldnt do that realy its better to see what a selection of people have to say on the forums , one person may reccomend Part X cos of personal biases etc so i tend to wanna get the opinions of a few different people

Back
Top Bottom