Need advice on buying a pc

Rebeeki

Beta member
Hi, I'm new here but I'd really appreciate any help you can give me about buying a tower. I'm looking at two. I like to download movies, shows and play mmo's. I don't think I need a super computer to run things like that, but would like to get a good mid-range type gaming pc. Something that will run Conan online and some games.

Here are the two I've been looking at.

Gamer special A

-SandyBridge Core i5-2500K
-Liquid CPU Cooling
-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB
-1TB 7200RPM SATA-III HDD
-8GB DDR3 1600 Memory

Or the Gamer Special B

-AMD FX-4100 CPU
-Liquid CPU Cooling
-4GB DDR3 1600 Memory
-NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 1GB
-1TB 7200RPM SATA-III HDD

The 3rd one from that site is the Gamermage D415.

Here's the link to the site: ibuypower

The different comps are on the front page. I'd also like to be able to upgrade it as time goes by. Hope I've provided enough info. Also, please pretend I know next to nothing. You wouldn't be far off at all. :D

Thanks!

The computer you need depends upon the tasks you expect to use it for. This in turn will affect the price you would expect to pay for it. A good way to begin is to list the essential tasks you will want to do on your computer. Is playing the latest 3D action games a priority, or do you only want to type letters and keep your accounts? Your priorities could make a big difference to the type of computer and extra peripherals (printer, scanner, speakers, etc) that you need to buy. As well as your "essential" list, it is also a good idea to make a secondary "possible" list of non-essential - but desirable - computer activities.

Thanks kathiny. I did list what I wanted. Downloading music, movies, pictures, shows as well as playing MMO's mostly. I might play some RPG games on the computer, but shooters and things I'd probably play on the PS3.

Back
Top Bottom