Need a 2 more Monitors, by tomorrow!

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Hello Fellaz,

So I'm in the market for 2 monitor, not looking for anything crazy, just something that will be primary used for IE, and some basic programs… & maybe some CS 1.6 :) I currently have a 24” monitor as my main. It will be sitting in the middle of the other 2, I think I want all of them to be widescreen, but not sure how many inches to take… Again not looking for anything crazy…maybe about $300-$400 for both.

I think if I can make my decision quick, newegg might still be able to ship them today for tomorrow :)

Thanks

PS: Here is a link to my current setup http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m62/MALOI2006/DSC06034.jpg

(pardon the "a" in the topic, dont know how it gat there :) )

-EDIT- I guess I should of done my research b4 posting this, but will the triple setup work just like a duel? Basically I want a game to be running in the main middle screen and have left and right as secondary monitors for IE/programs...etc What setting do I need to select in my vid card for triple setup to work? I only see duel vie… no triple vie? lol

Your going to need more than 1 video card to do that you know right? Just making sure.

I've never had good luck with running games on duals, but I don't play games on my computer so I don't have any problem with that. This was a few years ago though, drivers and such have probably gotten better since then.

Ya i just found that out... People say there is a splitter I can use, but the once that I was able to find are like $300 isn't there anything chipper out there?

Only splitters I have ever seen just sends a clone to the screen. Just buy a cheap pc video card if your really need 3 screens. Why don't you just buy a match for your current monitor and run 2 screens. Would be much cheaper in the long run.

hmm, maybe you right definitely something to think about... The only problem is I can't find my current monitor anywhere... Dell stopped selling them, and I don't like the idea buying stuff from like ebay or something… If someone can help me find a credible website where I can at least see how much it is I would appreciate it, but then again this monitor is like 3 years old. If im to get only 1 extra shouldn't I go for something better? and make my current as secondary? What you guys think?

The monitor is: Dell 2407WFP-HC (24”)

Thanks

Ya i just found that out... People say there is a splitter I can use, but the once that I was able to find are like $300 isn't there anything chipper out there?

chipper11.jpg

You won't find that monitor for under $400.
If you're not overly concerned about quality, but want a similar looking monitor, look at the E248WFP. At dell.com/outlet, it's only $280. That is refurbished, but I have a Dell 2007WFP refurb, and it's been working great for months now.

there are single vid cards out there that have 4 DVI ports on them
you could run your 3 on a 4870 or a 4870 X2

Back
Top Bottom