Mysterious Ruggedized Laptop...

foothead

Omnicide now.
So I've had this mysterious laptop sitting in my closet for a while... It's an aluminum body ruggedized notebook, and appears to be pretty nice. Anyway I wanted to try to get the thing working, but I don't have a power adapter for it. This thing is as generic as can be... the only thing identifying it is on the bottom where it says model no: P14N. Where the manufacturer would be, it says 'NOTEBOOK.' not other clues... except that it was made in Taiwan in July '03. I have googled it and it could be a twinhead, a 'gowin' or an efio!. All look the same, but have different power adapters. Should I just go ahead and buy one and assume that they are all just rebranded twinheads, or is there a way to tell?

Take it to a computer shop and see what they think. My friend had to do that once.

Pics? Sounds like one of those "build your own" notebooks that were floating around for a while. I'm an IT person and have seen a bunch of different hardware, I might be able to give more info if I can see it.

themadchef, there's a lot of IT people here :p
But what you're saying wouldn't surprise me either. At that time, I'd say it's got an Athlon XP-M or a P4 or a P4-M...

As for the charging unit, like I've mentioned, there's 3rd party AC adapters. Just make sure it's not a weird design type of power though.

It uses standard 20V, 3.25A. The issue is that the plug is like nothing I've ever seen before. It looks sorta like the standard one like you'd see on an HP laptop, but the pin in it is about three times larger around, and its inlaid really deep in the body of the computer. The one I found on google didn't look right to me.

Back
Top Bottom