Mysterious new log in screen

toeknee

Baseband Member
Hi, I have never ever used the log in screen (name, password etc) as it is only me who uses my computer.

However, under user accounts there was always the administrator and guest etc although I have only ever used my name "*****" and never had the opening screen.

Now though I have to click log on under my name upon start up, no password as like I said I've never used it so wouldn't have set a password.

So I tried to "turn off welcome screen" but now it just comes up in an old windows style, but I still have to log on.

So I checked again and I see that there is now a new user on my computer named "ASP.NET Machine A..." (spelt exactly like that). I didn't add this so how did it get there and is it affecting my log in?

Finally, I have literally just now finished a full and comprehensive spyware and virus check and nothing came up.

Any help as always will be greatly appreciated.

Basically I don't want to have to log in, just like a week ago.

Many thanks

Tony

Did you do a Windows updates? That login account is tied to Microsofts framework for visual studio.net

It may have come from a windows update

what is visual studio.net?

What is this account?

Do you think it is linked to me now having to log on at start up?

thanks

Tony

Yeah, when I installed visual studio, I got the something. But, I don't think that you've installed it. yeah, when there is more than one account besides guest, windows requires you to log off. I wouldn't delete the account. Visual studio.net is just a programming program, something that you use to make programs within windows. I would ask microsoft, but, I would leave it.

why shouldn't i delete it?

I don't know what that program is let alone use it

Tony

I deleted mine. I haven't regretted it at all, never knew what it was, and I haven't run into any problems not having it.

I absolutely HATE having to login to my computer. I don't know why, but it irritates me so much!

i deleted it and still had to log in! so annoying!

any other suggestions?

thanks guys

Tony

Since you help me i help you ;)

>When booting up hold F8
>It comes up with a list showing "Last good" .."Safe Mode" etc.
>Try The Last Good mode first and hopefully it will work, This mode goes back to when your laptop was in a good mode.
>If that dosen't work go into safe mode and try to dealth with the problem.

Hope it works :D

That happened to me when i installed a new cisco wireless card, have you done anything like that?

When you do a windows update you install the .NET Framework which is related to Visual Studio.net You can deleat it it wont matter. It probably checked the box "Require users to enter a password apon login" box uncheck that and you wont need to log in.

Back
Top Bottom