Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-14-2007, 02:30 PM   #31
Baseband Member

Default Re: Mysterious Beep

Update:

A new case exhaust fan and cpu cooler has got my temps down. 57 C max cpu temp now during Orthos CPU test vs 68 before... 55-56 nominal. Motherboard temp is now 35 C max vs 40 before. Cpu idles as low as the upper 30's now. However, I still get the beep during games so I'm ordering some different ram. My current ram is failing the Orthos blend test. I can run the CPU test for a long time, but when I try the blend it fails. I tried lowering the ram speed to 667 and it worked for a half hour or so. The next time I tested it at 667 it failed after a few minutes. So I'll try some different ram and see if that helps. The OCZ ram I have is 2.1V and my MB only goes to 1.95V, and that may be the problem. I'll make sure I get ram that is more compatible this time. We'll see if the beep goes away. Thanks guys!

cpkramers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:02 AM   #32
Baseband Member

Default Re: Mysterious Beep

Update 2:

Got 2 gig of new G Skill DDR2 800 installed. Ran the Orthos blend test for about 45 minutes without a problem. Everything still runs great. However I still get the beep while playing DoD:S. I guess I'll just let it go at this point. I have no idea what it is, but everything works flawlessly and I'm happy, so I live with it. Must just be something goofy going on. Thanks for trying everyone.

cpkramers is offline   Reply With Quote