my wretched pc.

wozelbeak

Daemon Poster
i have tested the cpu with a download from major geeks.com (hot cpu tester) it took six hours to run the test. the test was clear. i have tested my memory and my hard drive both came through clear.
now the problem was that my pc kept freezing. it did not freeze in the six houirs that the test ran! it could be the motherboard causing the problem, but what do you think?

i have having the very same problem, what i am going to try is to take my RAM out and plug it back in then try my CPU. i havn't a clue what it could be, have you tried taking your CPU out and placing it back it. Also make sure all your cables are plugged in correctly

ik don't think it is that. i have had all of my hardware put into a new unit and it is still acting up.
i have a feeling that it is my mobo. i ran a full test on my memory which passed. i ran a test on my hard drive that passed. i ran a six hour test on my cpu that passed. i switched off my sound card and it still froze. i think i might change my mobo now. i have a complex about it. i think it is not up to scratch, so its going. i have a abit sa7 at the moment. let me know what mobo you have.
woz

that is something i have not tested, but i have changed cases and power supplies, with no difference to the freezing. so i think that the power is not the problem.
woz

and your sure a OS reinstalled might not solve anything (try that 1st)

i have re formated already. do you think when i had my new case fitted, that the fitter used my old power supply? last case i had came with a new power supply.
woz

Back
Top Bottom