My video Card

AmericanSensei

Daemon Poster
Ok..I had an old computer, 800mghz, and got a new one a few years back, its 2ghz, BUT the harddrive took a crap in this one, so I had to buy a new one, and install each of the programs myself, (OS, Dvd Software, blah blah). In that old computer I had an old Nvidia Gforce4 Mx420 Vid card, that pretty much ran everything I needed it too, but when I put it in this new computer, the computer goes to the Loading Windows box, where the lil blue squares are going horizontal on the loading bar, and after that screen it STAYS black, wont do anything, I can hear the computer doing its thing, but the monitor remains on, and black........What would cause this?....Could I be missing a driver or something, that I need to install because it is a new drive, I dont know..All I do know is its pissing me off.....Now if I plug my monitor up to my default graphics accelerator driver, everything works, and when I go to control Panels settings, its showing the Nvidia card, and the Device Manager is saying its working properly..

OH, and another thing....Will this Video Card meet the requirements for the game I want to play.."Tribes-Vengeance"...It says Ati radeon OR equivalent DirectX 9.0 compliant 32 MB video card with hardware T&L and pixel shader support.........The video card is a Xtasy GeForce MX420, 64MB..Other stuff it says about the card..

PCI 4x compatible with fast writes
256-bit 3D and 2D graphics accelerator
NVIDIA nViewâ„¢ display technologies
Lightspeed Memory Architectureâ„¢ II
Integrated 350MHz DACs
Accuview Antialiasingâ„¢
High Definition Video Processing Engine
MX memory Crossbar
Integrated TV encoder

AmericanSensei

Back
Top Bottom