Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-09-2008, 10:53 PM   #1
In Runtime
Default my U3 drive

well i have a U3 memorex drive that pretty much has all my JAVA programs that i made last year in that class, it works fine in XP. but when i plug it into my vista machine i see the driver, and i can open it put when i dbl click on the documents folder to look at its contents (everything on the driver) nothing is there, and since i have it password protected i figured well i didnt have to put my password in yet so i dbl clicked on the Launch.exe i get the circle to pop up by my mouse for a second and then it dissapears, and never loads.

so what do i have to do to get it to work for my vista comp. i know there is something you can do just not exactly what it is.

Core I7 920 OC'ed to 3.0Ghz, 6GB G.skill DDR3 1333, Intel DX58SO, 500GB seagate 7200RPM + 320GB seagate, EVGA 9800GTX+ , 600W PSU.
CGfreak102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:53 PM   #2
Baseband Member
Send a message via AIM to donutdan4114
Default Re: my U3 drive

Try the U3 memorex website and getting vista drivers? It sounds like its just a software compatability problem.. Or you'll have to put the files on an XP machine, and uninstall the U3 program from the flash drive.. (That's what I did, that software is annoying...)
I don't have any amazing specs to list here...
So I have a Gateway MT6705 laptop right now...
(it was a gift, leave me alone!)
Any computer I build, especially the gaming ones, get sold... Because I need money...
donutdan4114 is offline   Reply With Quote