My temps

In the bios is it set to auto?? that will be your main heat problem if it is, the auto setting invariably uses more voltage than is required.

Can you get an "in Windows" reading at idle to give us some idea of what is being used?

Also what board do you have?

In the bios is it set to auto?? that will be your main heat problem if it is, the auto setting invariably uses more voltage than is required.

Can you get an "in Windows" reading at idle to give us some idea of what is being used?

Also what board do you have?

P5N-MX
What do you mean by "in Widows" reading?

Asus Ai Suite will give you an "in Windows" voltage reading, do you have it installed at all? (I presume it came with your board like most other Asus boards)

In Windows is a reading taken from software with the os running as opposed to the bios

Asus Ai Suite will give you an "in Windows" voltage reading, do you have it installed at all? (I presume it came with your board like most other Asus boards)

In Windows is a reading taken from software with the os running as opposed to the bios

It goes from 1.36-1.39
Under load however, it goes to 1.34.
And I can't change the vcore in the bios, is there and utility I can use to lower it?
Changed something in my bios, now it lowers my vcore to 1.28 when not full load. Full load still stays at 1.34

Wow, kind of unreal post that one :)

1.36 - 1.39 dropping to 1.34 under load is called vdroop, most boards have it to a varying degree.

when you say you can't change it in the bios how did you try to change it?

Does your bios say "Please key in the values directly" or similar on the right side information pane when you click on the vcore setting?

Did you try using shift and + to raise the vcore? (and alternately the minus key to lower it)

Do you have any idea what you enabled/changed in the bios because it seems weird that the idle voltage has dropped yet the load voltage remains the same, sounds like it could be Intel Speed Step

It was called C1 something or rather, i'll go check and try the shift thing.
For the vcore, I get 2 options, I hit enter and get
change vcore to:
or
ignore.
I also disabled speedstep.
I downloaded crystalCPUID. It helped me lower the vcore to 1.30 under load, but cant get it to lower it anymore, but helped temps a little,

It was called C1 something or rather
That's C1E Support, it is linked to Speed Step, it is what drops the multi when the cpu is idle.

For the vcore, I get 2 options, I hit enter and get
change vcore to:
or
ignore.
Don't hit enter, just scroll down and key in the voltage e.g. 1.30 and see if it accepts it. Once you have a number in there (it should work from auto as well) shift and + should work. I'd have to d/oad you manual or board specs to be 100% sure but all Asus p5XXX boards I have seen have more vcore options than you have available.
I also disabled speedstep.
Speed Step is a good thing imo but it is your call if you wish to disable it.

That's C1E Support, it is linked to Speed Step, it is what drops the multi when the cpu is idle.

Don't hit enter, just scroll down and key in the voltage e.g. 1.30 and see if it accepts it. Once you have a number in there (it should work from auto as well) shift and + should work. I'd have to d/oad you manual or board specs to be 100% sure but all Asus p5XXX boards I have seen have more vcore options than you have available.
Speed Step is a good thing imo but it is your call if you wish to disable it.

Tried, can't change it from 1.36

Back
Top Bottom