My system restarts as soon as i connect any device!

ATSC

Beta member
@MODS
Hi this is my first time posting here! i have a system with the below mentioned specifications;
Intel Pentium 4, 2.8 ghz, 1.48 gb ram and intel desktop board D865GBF with 2 intenal hardisks and 1 external 500GB hdd
the problem with my system is i usually use different boxes for flashing mobile phone softwares as we are into the servicing part, and i do hve to detach & attach boxes for for different models, but since a week if i connect any box to the first USB ports of my computer it crashes and restarts, and if i connect the boxes to the below USB ports it detects the hardware and ask's for the drivers, but when i install the drivers it gives an error like "the drivers for the mentioned device are not digitally signed and cannot be installed" and now

this is my main syustem and i am right now unable to connect any boxes! so i would like to know what could be the solution to fix these problem! is it due to some conflict with drivers of so many boxes installed?

and is there a way of completely uninstalling the devices & drivers ive installed for so many boxes instead of installing them one by one which will take me years to do so?

is it a registry conflict? if i do a registry scan and repair using a free registry scanner will it help? if so pls refer any good free one?

looking forward for the above no so many questions!
WBR
ATSC.
:confused:

Does this only happen with USB? If so then you either have a power issue with the USB device taking to much drain, or your USB drivers are causing the issue.
I would also say that its a possible PSU issue but if you havent had any problems in the past then its unlikely (still possible though)
I would suggest that you boot into safe mode and uninstall all your USB roots, then reboot the machine and see how things go, if you still get problems then i would be thinking its power issues.

@Raffaz
Tks for your reply, i too think a lot of usb devices installed and maybe there's a conflict with the drivers could be the main reason, but apart from the safe mode way of uninstalling the usb roots, is there any softare that could do the job as i think more then a hundred devices are installed!
WBR
ATSC

I'd be suspect of the usb sockets are wearing out. Try a usb thumb drive and see what reaction you get out of your system. Based on the results you can get a usb hub or a usb bracket that fits in to a pci opening in the back and plugs in to the usb header on the mother board. If you go the second route I'd still invest in a usb hub to bring the connections around to the work bench.

Back
Top Bottom