Is My System All Compatible?

FBJ

Baseband Member
Hey,

I'm a first time PC builder and I'd just like you guys to make sure the system is compatible. I will be running Windows 7 32 bit Home edition. I would also appreciate it if anyone could recommend a Wattage of PSU I would need and possibly a specific brand if possible. I will be adding some cooling fans at a later date so I'd like the PSU to be able to cater for me when I add fans, a sound card etc.

Processor
Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93GHz Socket 775 1066FSB 3MB L2 Cache Retail Boxed Processor

Motherboard
ASUS P5N-D nForce 750i SLI Socket 775 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard

Memory (RAM)
OCZ 4GB Kit (2x2GB) 800MHz/PC2-6400 Memory Platinum Performance CL5 (5-4-4-18)

Video Card
Asus HD 5750 Formula 1GB GDDR5 VGA DVI HDMI Out PCI-E Graphics Card

Hard Drive
Samsung HD103SJ Spinpoint F3 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache - OEM

Blu Ray/ DVD and CD
Samsung SH-B083L 8x BD-ROM with DVD±RW DL & RAM SATA Blu-Ray Drive - OEM Black

Case
Antec 900 Nine Hundred - Gaming Case with 200mm Top Fan - No PSU

That's all of the parts. Help with the compatibility and the PSU will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Everything will work together.

You will need 600-700W to power that.

Here is a nice PSU that will power everything you have already listed and will still have a lot of power left:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006

The Antec 900 is a very small case, but everything should fit nicely.

If I were you, I'd wait a bit for a drop in prices on the i7 quads and would go for a quad-core build, but if you so desire, the build you listed will work.

Here's a power supply that would suite your needs, and it's on sale from a reputable brand.

Edit: Thelis beat me to it...

It has been suggested by someone else that I use Socket 1156 core i3 instead. Is this a good move?

Everything will work together.

You will need 600-700W to power that.

Here is a nice PSU that will power everything you have already listed and will still have a lot of power left:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006

The Antec 900 is a very small case, but everything should fit nicely.

If I were you, I'd wait a bit for a drop in prices on the i7 quads and would go for a quad-core build, but if you so desire, the build you listed will work.

Here's a power supply that would suite your needs, and it's on sale from a reputable brand.

Edit: Thelis beat me to it...

The supply you suggested is fine, but if you consider the mail in rebate on the one I suggested you get much more bang for your buck.

My suggestion $89.99 after MIR:

Code:
Model 
Brand CORSAIR 
Model CMPSU-750TX 
Spec 
Type ATX12V / EPS12V 
Maximum Power 750W 
Fans Thermally controlled 140mm fan 
PFC Active 
Main Connector 20+4Pin 
+12V Rails Single 
PCI-Express Connector 4 x 6+2-Pin 
SATA Power Connector 8 
SLI Ready 
CrossFire Ready 
Efficiency > 80%

Your suggestion $79.99:

Code:
Brand Antec 
Model NEO ECO 620C 
Spec 
Type ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 
Maximum Power 620W Continuous Power 
Fans 120mm Double ball bearing fan 
PFC Active 
Main Connector 20+4Pin 
+12V Rails Single 
PCI-Express Connector 1 x 6-Pin, 1 x 6+2-Pin 
SATA Power Connector 6 
Efficiency > 80%

It has been suggested by someone else that I use Socket 1156 core i3 instead. Is this a good move?

Honestly i would get a core i5 or i7. AMD also makes high end Quad Cores for around 200. Personally i would switch to AMD and get a better GPU/CPU/RAM for the same if not a little bit more. You'll get WAY more performance for your money. The Core 2 Duo along with the ddr2 are getting a bit aged.

Honestly i would get a core i5 or i7. AMD also makes high end Quad Cores for around 200. Personally i would switch to AMD and get a better GPU/CPU/RAM for the same if not a little bit more. You'll get WAY more performance for your money. The Core 2 Duo along with the ddr2 are getting a bit aged.

there x6 cores are 200 there quads are around 150

Back
Top Bottom