My System

tetoe89102

Beta member
Hello,

I'm new to these forums and have a quick question. I just received a Toshiba Satellite M115-S1061 as a gift. I was told by my computer "geek" friend that it's no use in upgrading my RAM as it won't do much, I tend to disagree though. My specs are Intel Celeron M Processor with a 256MB ATI Radion Xpress 200 series w/512MB RAM. Any suggestions on upgrading RAM?

another 512MB will help. You will see a difference. The Celeron M doesnt help much though. Its quite slow, but i'm pretty sure upping the RAM will help.

ownage said:
another 512MB will help. You will see a difference. The Celeron M doesnt help much though. Its quite slow, but i'm pretty sure upping the RAM will help.

Thanks for the help. I'm not looking for phenomoninonal differences, but just want to boost this thing a bit.

you will see a difference, but i dont' think u'll see as big of one as ownage is hinting off. your processor will bottle neck the extra RAM after a cirten (uh spellin on that??) point. But you will see a difference

That guy is wrong. 512MB more will increase speeds. But, the Celeron M is the final drawback.

I've overclocked mine to 2.2GHz from 1.6 and I haven't seen a difference.
If you notice my sig, I have a Toshiba, M115 as well, and 512 in it, but changing the processor speed hasn't changed any overall speed.

lhuser said:
That guy is wrong. 512MB more will increase speeds. But, the Celeron M is the final drawback.

Okay. This is what I'm pretty much looking for. I know it's not going to be the difference between night and day but it'll make it go a little faster at least. Being very hopeful, I hope it works! Thanks for everything so far.

Back
Top Bottom