Are my specs good for gaming???

pointgod36 said:
Well actually up top where i said 4x/8x...i guess i was wrong. I guess its only 4x becuase when i ran 3dmark03 it said 1x,2x,4x AGP so.....I guess i do need a new mobo. Looking into it i found to mobos that look pretty good. Which one would u get and why?

MSI MS6728-110

or...

ASUS P4P800-E DELUXE

I looked at the review and im seeing great results for overclocking on the msi but none for the asus...One guy using the msi board OC'ed his cpu from 3.0ghz to 4.2ghz!!!!!! :eek: WOW!!!! So im leaning twords the msi board

ASUS is known for their stability, not overclockability.

DFI and Abit are known for their overclockability (DFI is also known for their moddability too).

if i were u i would get a new motherboard and vid card for sure i dunno if u wana keep that cpu but if u have the money deffinately get an amd cpu, no matter what motherboard u get make sure it supports pci-e and dont get an agp video card as its getting old now

go with the ABIT IC7, that is the best board in ocing a S478 P4, people have gotten insane overclocks with that board and the ASUS P4PC-800 deluxe never heard about the MSI though. I wouldnt go with the MSI.

no, get a seagate 7200.9, it is on par with the Raptor and you get more storage space.

pinky4life623 said:
yea its alright id recomend i better hdd

a western digital raptor is an exellant hdd

that hard drive is a total wast of money unless you are running a file server or you have too much money to spend

Well, it's a speedy hd, no doubt. But yes, $$$. I recommend the hitachi desktar... oh baby...

Back
Top Bottom