My Setup

I would go with an intel P5e3, and mabye some cheaper ram unless your planning to overclock to make use of it, and unless your thinking of SLI'ing if you dont chance the mobo, im pretty sure you dont need that big a PSU, apart from that, great

That's crazy, over $800 on just a case, and it's only for a fancy paint job. Have you just got money to burn or are you out of your mind? The regular Cosmos 1000 is $650 cheaper, and it's the exact same case!
I would go with the Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB drive.
If you want DDR3, either wait for Nehalem or Deneb. But don't buy DDR3 for an Intel FSB based platform, it's a complete waste of money. I'll explain, the Q9550 runs at 333MHz FSB (1333Mhz quad pumped), the memory bandwidth is limited to the FSB bandwidth, because the memory controller is located in the north bridge. Therefore, because the FSB is 333MHz, the memory is limited (in terms of actual bandwidth) to 333MHz (DDR 667), so it's pointless spending so much on DDR3. You can get [URL="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227267"]2x2GB of DDR2 800 for a fraction of the price and still get the same performance.
Ewww, an Nvidia motherboard in a high end build. I would much rather go with an X48, especially since I overclock.
With the money you save from the DDR3, you could replace the GTX 280 with the HD 4870 X2 and have the Crossfire upgrade path with the X48 mobo.
ASUS P5E Deluxe
No need for that kind of power. Your PSUs efficiency would fall since your system would only draw a fraction of it's total power output.
Seasonic M12 600W modular.
Definitely replace with the HD 4870 X2, so you don't have the disadvantages of an Nvidia chipset.

Back
Top Bottom