My Screen won't stretch a low resolution...please help

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
I have a sony vaio pcg-fx109k (or fx190k in usa). Whenever I set the resolution anything below 1400x1050 I am left with a black boarder around my screen. So whenever I enter a game or when my laptop is booting the image will not fit the entire screen. I have tried new drivers, looking in the bios for a stretch function, researching my shortcut keys, formatting and various different operating systems and there is still no result. Another point is that when the resoution is set to 1400x1050 although it fits the whole screen it cannot go beyond 16bit color so pictures look slightly distorted and so do all the xp icons. So I was just wondering if anybody has had this problem and knows how to fix it or if there is some sort of utility that can be downloaded. I have also tried the Sony e-support and they havent replied (its been almost 2 weeks). Thank you for any help.

A few of my basic specs are:
Windows XP Professional SP2
Intel Pentium III 844mhz
320MB RAM
Intel 82815 graphics

I was just cruising their FAQs and saw this: If image expansion has been disabled by pressing Fn+F7 on the notebook, the image will not fill the LCD screen. Press Fn+F7 to return to standard LCD.

I went to the Sony eSupport - PCG-FX190K - FAQ and typed "set screen resolution" into the box and it came up with lots of FAQs on that subject. :D

thanks but sadly it didnt work. The screen just went black for a second and came back on again. Looking at my keyboard it has a picture on the F7 button that seems to indicate that the button will only switch the screen away from the laptop and onto an external one. Thanks again for the help anyway.

Back
Top Bottom