My screen just turns black...

Matt08642

Daemon Poster
For some reason, after a while my screen will just turn black and I won't be able to get it back to normal unless I restart... any suggestions?

Heating problems, Check to see if your power settings have "Screen shut down after 20 minutes + or -

Those BFG Cards seem notorius for doing that.. I have a friend with a BFG 6800GT that goes to a black screen alllll the time.

Awww, crap. Are you serious?

If it is a problem with BFG cards i'll be pissed. This was like the ONLY freakin' card I could afford at the moment.

:(

EDIT: I googled the symptoms and it seems it is a problem with BFG GeForce cards...

WHAT THE HELL?

God, I blew my birthday money on this! And BFG is all the store supplies... ugh...

EDIT 2: Is this right?

untitledmj7.jpg

It just seems a little hot for something made of plastic...

Or is PC Wizard 2006 just wrong?

Yea at 416C your case would be in a lil pile of molten lava. Its a false reading your PC wouldn't make it past 150c, maybe 175c

Heh, just like speedfan says my 12v+ rail is 12.7volts.. a weee bit off compared to teh bios.

But yeah, BFG cards are factory overclocked, making them faster... but as most know, overlocking stresses the hardware and produces more heat.

The odd thing is though, in my friends' video card, it runs perfectly fine before it crashes to black. He made a video of him playing Dark Messiah Of Might And Magic.. it ran great... until the screen flickered to a green checkerboard-like colour then went black... yet the GPU temperature is relatively safe.. (60s C)

Back
Top Bottom