My Q6600 is deqd.

worshipme

Golden Master
Well, that's basically it, what the title says. I had previously lapped up to 2000 grit, but i had some 2500 around, so I thought, why not? I did everything right, but I guess I was just unlucky this time. Static electricity may have had something to do with it. My PC won't post with it in. I'm going to try everything I can think of, but I'm 99% sure it's gone. I lapped it so I doubt I'll be able to send it back as faulty.

RIP.

EDIT: F##king French keyboard with the "A" in the place of the "Q"!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I've done that. I'm getting a single beep which I normally get. Perhaps... the cooler wasn't proberly secured and the CPU was simply overheating. I'm off to try a few more things.

Could be some sanding dust in the pins and/or socket too, give them a good blow out. Check for finger marks/oils on the pins, clean carefully with isopropyl alcohol

Also did you have the pins covered whilst lapping? I use the black plastic cover that comes with the cpu.

One beep is post so it doesn't sound entirely dead, you'd get nothing at all if it was.

Absynth Haze is correct though, check all cabling etc, sounds like something is loose or has been knocked.

Lapping the IHS does indeed void warranty

now he has a reason to get an E8400 or a Q9xxx series though (if it is indeed dead, fingers crossed it isn't)

If your getting one beep, its not dead. One beep is a beep that indicates all is okay. Check how your graphics card is seated, and try a different graphics card.

Back
Top Bottom