My Proposed Custom Build - Critique?

BIOS temperature readouts can often be wrong. One time, my BIOS was convinced my CPU temperature was 72 degrees Celsius. I knew that was a load of crap and SpeedFan read it as something around 32 degrees Celsius.

You're right on maximum temperatures, though, don't let that Athlon get over 65 degrees Celsius and try to keep an eye on your graphics card temperature and keep that under 100 degrees Celsius at the maximum. It can take up to 120 degrees Celsius but that is the point of thermal shutdown. Anyways, your graphics card definitely should not be heating up during the installation of Windows or anything but gaming and benchmarking, really. And you can't view your graphics card temperature in the BIOS, I don't think.

My 6600GT happens to run at 60 degrees Celsius idle and will shoot up to 98 degrees Celsius under a load, but that's abnormal for a graphics card. I don't know what it is about mine, but it has no trouble running at those temperatures and I never see any artifacts.

That's another thing I'm gonna be confused about - installing Windows from scratch. I mean, to install it, I need to put it in one of my drives. Don't my drives need drivers installed to run, though? So what goes first?

I kinda need a step-by-step guide on what to do for A) building the system and connecting everything and B) installing software to get it up and running.

I'm gonna search around on overclock.net, but any help would be appreciated.

civicrocker7 said:
the mobo will come with building instructions
yep.
And just put the windows disk in, boot from it and install windows. The drives don't need drivers.

Back
Top Bottom