~My power supply good enough?~

_-..zKiLLA..-_

Fully Optimized
Will this power supply work for my new build (in this thread) http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=64596

100_0909.jpg

BTW im asking cuz this is the power supply i have now and i dont wanna have to buy another one for a while...

im sure it will be(use an online PSU calculator if u must)
if u dont upgrade ur system that would proberly be enough

Depends mostly on the graphics card. What graphics card are we talking about? That won't run anything faster than an 8600GT, and even that's a gamble.

oh sorry i was looking at ur specs in ur sig . i didnt see u wanted it for that build.
its probelry not , i would go for 450-550

Unless you're using onboard video or an old graphics card, that PSU doesn't supply quite enough on the 12V rail to power most of today's newer video cards.

i wont have a graphics card for a while.. if any it be maybe 8600GT... but that'll be like february... i'll probably end up buying a new one soon.. the one in that thread...

350w is the cheapest, even if you want to use a cheap one, get at least 450w.

i'll end up buyin that 600w one in that thread... but the only reason i wanna know is cuz im gettin my CPU for christmas (along with a keyboard, mouse, and new CD drive) then in february on my BDay i'll buy my mobo.. and maybe my case.. just so i can get it up and runnin... then when i have some extra money i'll probably buy a Zalman CPU cooler, the PSU... and some better case fans and some LED's to top it off..

That's what i'm doing, I have my build just running, got my trusty 350w PSU, don't even have a case yet :) Can't wait to get a case and a new PSU, fans and other accesories too.

Back
Top Bottom