My pc is blowing out monitors!

luckydog

Solid State Member
It blew out the monitor the I was using. So I tried another one, assuming that the monitor went bad, but that one blew too. I'm assuming this isn't a coincidence.

Anybody have any suggestions? I have no idea what to do next.

dont plug in another monitor lol :p

I've never heard of anything like this before. i wouldnt have thought it was anything to do with the connections to the computer! i dont know how the d-sub connector works exactly but i wouldnt have thought there was enough power there to knock out a monitor!

Id look at your power suppply first? check poweer cable, fuse, make sure its the right voltage (ie not a uk thing plugged into american socket)

these are shots in dark, someone who knows more about monitors please.... :D

maybe like the hertz are set too far for the monitor... or if you are using the same power cord it could have a short in it... but prolly the hertz are too high or something.
luckydog said:
There's no chance it's just a faulty graphics card?
prolly not b/c they do not kick out that much power

even if the hz would be too high it shouldn't blow up.
It should just give u black screen saying something like frequency out of range.
At which point does the monitor blow up? If it's right after it gets to windows then it could be the hz, then u could boot up in VGA-mode and take the default frequencies lower and then it should work.

Back
Top Bottom