My old Sony Vaio; PS Information

GhostGT

Daemon Poster
My good ole sony vaio R series gave up on me a week after New Years Day. Further research showed the power supply had given up, so instead of buying a new, expensive PS, I built myself a new computer. :) You could say that if it weren't for my PS failure, I wouldn't be here today. :p

Anyway, I'm toying with the idea of bringing back my Vaio to life again. Its missing two main components right now;

Hard Drive
Power Supply

I had a girlfriend over at my house last week, and she unfortunately threw away my burnt up power supply. No biggie, I got some information on it. Here's the juicy stuff:

Its a Delta Electronics Model #: DPS-400 LB. The SONY P/N for it is : 1-468-851-21.

The shop I originally took the Sony to quoted me $165 for the power supply, which really made me think twice about getting the same PS. I was ready to cram in my own aftermarket unit, but realized (and found out) that the Sony PS is proprietary, meaning that my computer won't technically accept any other power supply.

Whew, lots of typing...

So. A quick search online revealed lots of random creepy-looking websites that claim to have my PS, but prices are insane! $400, $300, $299 with a trade-in of the original unit...wtf?

Does anyone know or have any information that could help me here? Why can't I go ahead and buy my own power supply from Antec, Corsair, etc and use it? I'm sure it won't fit perfectly, but do you guys think I can make it work?

Type up anything you can think of that can help!

My sony model number on the back of the tower says : PCV-1154. I removed the stickers and stuff so I don't have the exact model # of it.

Back
Top Bottom